From the Acadia Parish OHSEP Director, Ashley LeBlanc:
All citizens can do Self-Report of Damages at the following link: https://arcg.is/14nOjf
- Encourage all citizens who were impacted by Hurricane Laura to register as they may be eligible for assistance from FEMA.
- Grants may help eligible survivors with financial assistance that include rent, home repair, home replacement and other disaster-related needs such as childcare, medical and dental expenses.
- Before you apply, contact your insurance company and file a claim for the disaster-caused damage.
- Take photographs or video of the damage and keep all receipts related to home repair.
- If you have uninsured or underinsured losses, contact FEMA online at www.disasterassistance.gov, download the FEMA app and register on your smartphone or tablet, or call 800-621-3362(TTY 800-462-7585).
- After registering, create an account to check the status of your application, view messages from FEMA, update your personal information, and upload important documents.